Park University Concern/Complaint Form
Park University is committed to a policy of fair treatment of all its constituents in their relationships with other students, faculty, staff and administrators. Individuals are encouraged to seek an informal resolution of the matter directly with the other individual(s) involved when possible. For matters where a resolution is not feasible, a Complaint Form can be completed
Your concerns are important to us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a response within 3 business days.
Concern/Complaint Process Overview:
- A complaint must be made in writing, preferably using the Complaint Form above.
- It is important to report complaints promptly and to include a short and concise statement of all the relevant facts and the action or remedy you are requesting so that an investigation can be completed and a resolution achieved.
- Complaints should be filed within 15 business days from the date of the action or occurrence which is the subject of the complaint.
- The Office of the Dean of Students reviews each complaint to determine if it is one upon which action should be taken. The Dean of Students or a Designee will notify the individual within 3 business days to confirm receipt of the complaint.
- Generally, the Dean of Students will serve as an impartial representative of the institution but will not be directly involved in the decision-making of the complaint. In cases, where the Dean of Students needs to provide decisions, a secondary designee will be assigned as an advocate for the student. The Dean of Students or the designee in special situations, will assure the rights of the complainant and will protect the complainant from any potential adverse action taken for registering a complaint.
- The Office of the Dean of Students refers complaints requiring further action to the appropriate academic or administrative official (typically, a Dean or Director, or another appropriate administrator whom they have designated) for investigation and resolution.
- An administrator to whom a complaint has been referred has 20 business days from the date of the referral to investigate and address the complaint. During the investigation and resolution process the administrator will communicate directly with the individual who has filed the complaint. At the conclusion of the investigation and resolution the administrator will notify the individual and the Office of the Dean of Students in writing of the results of the investigation and the resolution of the complaint.
- A complaint may be dismissed without further action if the individual fails to cooperate in the investigation.